My PowerStrips Story:
An End To Pain
I've been singing the praises of FGXpress PowerStrips for several articles now. Maybe you've become curious about why I'm so impressed with them, and what my story is.
Well, here it is... or rather than, here they
are, since I'll share with you several glimpses into my life both before and after.
Here's a little story I can tell you that sums up my chronic pain and decreasing mobility:
In the summer of 2013, I was chatting with my family doctor, telling her how I’d planned to take a trip to Iceland or Malta for my 50th birthday, but it turned out I couldn't go. I was quite heartbroken, and she could see that I despaired of ever going there.
So she tried to encourage me with her own experience, saying "Taking a big trip for your 60th birthday is the best!"
She looked shocked when I looked at her glumly and confessed, “I’m losing mobility so fast, I don’t think I’ll be able to go anywhere by the time I’m 60!”
That’s what my life had come down to: constantly wrestling with my body’s increasing discomfort and inability.
The "Before" Picture
Pain isn't new to me. I’ve been in chronic pain, to greater or lesser degree, since I was a child. (See the whole story on the About page
But it’s been getting a lot worse in the past couple years. My knees, hips, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, toes… all the joints in my body were giving me trouble and pain. I was having to use a cane all too regularly, especially on stairs.
My biggest problem is usually my low back and hips. I have a chronic problem there, since my sacrum isn't completely fused, so there's not a very stable or strong foundation for my spine.
Lately, I haven't been able to sleep all the way through the night the pain in my hips would get worse and wake me up. Normally I avoid chemicals in all forms and that includes drugs prescription and non. But the last year, I’ve had to resort to painkillers like Tylenol and Advil to get through. I wasn't at all happy about it, but I needed my sleep.
And then I saw something going around the internet about kidney and liver damage and even death from painkillers
, and I REALLY wished I had an alternative!
I’ve tried lots of natural pain relievers and cures over the years, and they've taken the edge off, but as the problem kept getting worse they kept doing me less good.
Here's the summary of my state, pre-PowerStrips.
I felt like I was only half-alive, if that much!
- Couldn't sleep through the night without painkillers
- Could barely walk to the end of my driveway and back I was doing really well to walk a few hundred yards
- Needed a cane for walking more and more, and always on stairs
- Got sharp knife-like pains in my knees
- Could only sit in a special chair
- Having serious back injuries 3 times a year, just from stumbling
- Energy was really low (partly because the pain was draining, partly for unknown reasons)
- Needed to see a chiropractor pretty much every week
- Started getting arthritis in certain joints
- Couldn't lift or carry anything heavier than about 5 pounds without hurting myself
- Having elbow problems from sleeping, no matter where it seemed I put my arms
- Couldn't drive or ride in a car for an hour without pain
- Needed 10 hours of sleep a night just to function.
- Even awake, I couldn't drag myself out of bed til about noon, and then tired all day anyway
- Couldn't think, my mind was fuzzy all the time and my memory was non-existent.
- Generally just exhausted and in pain, pain, pain.
My life was being limited, more and more all the time, by what I couldn't
do . . .
Find Out What Happens Next!
Return from My PowerStrips Story to PowerStrips